The 100 Mile Challenge: Mid-way Update

Thursday 18 August 2016


Remember back at the beginning of the month, I embarked on a 100 mile running challenge? You can read about it here if you haven't yet caught up.

A week into the challenge me and the boy were struggling. We both work full time and we live in Scotland - which basically equates to rain. A lot of rain. All the time. I'm not a big fan of running on treadmills but I found myself having to do a few treadmill runs in order to make up the mileage.

After a chat with my cousin who is a seasoned runner; he thought we were both a bit insane and that he wouldn't even attempt it. Alarm bells started ringing in the boy's head and after a weekend of two 10k's...our bodies were certainly broken. A long story short, we have now decided to team up and run 50 miles each in order to meet our target. I wasn't too keen on doing it as a team at the beginning but now I can see that it's neigh on impossible for us to complete this without breaking ourselves mentally and physically.

We both feel a lot better now that we don't have the daunting target to meet. I've been enjoying my runs a lot more and I'm feeling stronger already. I hope one day when things at work has settled down and we have more sunshine to enjoy, we will be able to complete the full 100 miles which is something I really want to one day achieve.

Here we are at the halfway point and I'm not doing too bad in reaching my weekly targets. Another update and conclusion at the end of the month!

Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment