I love a good baking challenge and I've been enjoying experimenting with gluten free recipes. Cakes that taste exactly the same as regular wheat based cakes but can be enjoyed by the masses? Yes please! Here is my recipe for gluten free peanut butter cupcakes. As always, please be careful when baking for people with food intolerances and read the labels carefully. Anything that has traces of gluten (although doesn't contain it) can still affect the belly.
Makes 12 cakes
200g golden caster sugar
2 large free range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g gluten free flour (substitute for self raising flour if needed)
3 tbsp semi skimmed milk
2 generous tbsp smooth peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
3. Mix in the vanilla extract and the 2 eggs.
4. Sieve in the flour in three batches and alternate with the milk mixing well in between
5. Once all mixed together add in the peanut butter and mix well.
6. Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases and put into the oven for 20 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before decorating/icing.
The decoration is completely up to yourself. I made a simple vanilla buttercream and decorated it with peanut butter M&M's that my friend gifted to me. These will keep in an air tight container for three days - if they will even last that long!
Let me know if you make these and how they turned out!