29. The Sunday Journal

Sunday 21 August 2016


I'm not sure if it's because I work in freight forwarding but is't this year going past so quickly? This month has just flown past and September is already looming!

This week I've had a baking win and whipped up a batch of peanut butter cupcakes. Gluten free of course, they were well received by my work colleagues and I'm hoping to keep going with my gluten free experiments. I'll be posting the recipe on the blog soon.

I made running gains this week too with a 12k run under my belt. It was the toughest run I have ever done physically and mentally but once I broke past the mental wall, I was just focused on reaching the end and having a whippy ice cream! The beach promenade is the perfect setting and flat too to help you reach those PB's!

I had an emergency visit to emergency care in the early hours of Sunday morning. I've been feeling ill for the past month of so and this week has been particularly worse. My family and friends put it down to my increased running excursions but I ended up seeing out of hours emergency care after being found writhing in pain on my bathroom floor with abdominal pain. I'm home and resting up now but it was a scare to the boy who found me in that state. Taking it easy today, no running and no stress.

I hope you're having a lovely Sunday wherever you are :)

Catch up with my recent posts:

100 mile challenge update
Foodie Eats: Giraffe
Last week's Sunday Journal

Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment