The 100 mile challenge

Monday 25 July 2016

Photo Credit
If you're a long time reader, you'll know that I'm partial to a good run or two. Whether it be a cheeky 5k down at the park trying to beat my PB or a 10k event where I just want to make it to the finish line without my knees collapsing beneath me; I'd rather run that walk.

I came across Awesome Running Events through Twitter and I researched a little more into it. Intrigued by its premise of running 100 miles in one month - this can be individually or in a team - I sent the link to my fellow running buddy and I told her it was 'go hard or go home'. She said it was a cop out to share the miles. I took note of this and as I'm never one to shy away from a challenge, I signed up solo.

I'm excited at the prospect of pushing my physically in order to meet the target and I envisage it will be tough, especially in the week when I am on call for work. The challenge is tracked using any running app, Garmin, Fitbit or even good old pen and paper. As long as you can show at the end of the month you ran 100 miles, a medal wings its way over to you.

What a challenge this will be and I am so eager to get my running shoes on and see how I cope with doing this along with working full time, part time writing and everything else in life. Physically challenging but so rewarding.

Read more about the event or be brave and sign up here

Be sure to follow me on Twitter or Instagram to get updates along the way.

Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment