#londonadventures - day one

Friday 1 April 2016

Back in January, my good chum asked me if I wanted to come to London with her and her cousin in March. I, of course jumped at the chance of saying yes! Booked my day off work and my plane ticket and off I went. What an adventure we had. More of a foodie adventure than anything. Wanna see what I got up to?



My journey down to London was a late one as I had to work all day whilst the girls set up shop in London awaiting my arrival at 11.45pm! The next day called for a lot of coffee. We were staying in this cute apartment in the trendy Shoreditch area and my friend recommended a place to have brunch called Ozone. Oh my. What amazingly smooth coffee I had. From the moment the coffee touched my lips, I became a coffee snob.



After brunch, we headed more central to hunt down ice cream macaron sandwiches. The sandwiches are made by one woman only selling them on the weekends. They are usually sold out in a few hours and the pop up shop is called Yolkin. You have to follow her on social media to find out where she will be next as she moves around London. All her ice cream and macarons are homemade and she always has new flavours brewing each week.

This week, she had four Easter inspired flavours - Earl Grey, Chocolate Mini Egg, Elderflower and Hot Cross Buns. I opted for the Earl Grey flavour and it was delicious. Despite it being a gloomy day, we wolfed down our ice cream sandwiches with gusto!


After an afternoon of shopping (with a cocktail pit stop) we went to have Korean BBQ. Running through a downpour of rain we were warmly greeted into this cosy restaurant. I'm a big lover of Korean food and this place called Arang was recommended to us. We ordered a variety of tasty food from beef to casserole.

After a long day we headed back to the apartment to store some more energy for the next day ahead.

Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment