30 before 30 Challenge - Art Exhibit

Wednesday 16 March 2016


I think I've always been an arty and creative kind of person. I loved art at school and would have loved the opportunity to continue it in some way or another into further education. Of course, life got in the way and I found myself in academics and in a 9-5 job. It was only until last Summer that I decided I wanted to do something at the art school before it's too late.

I signed up to a printmaking course and I instantly fell in love with it. I was a bit rusty with my drawing but I soon picked it up and enjoyed researching ideas and learning different printmaking techniques.

On Sunday 13th March 2016, the art I had been working on for two semesters was finally displayed in the RGU Short Course Exhibition. 





There were so many pieces of art displayed from ceramics, jewellery, kilt making, painting and drawing to printed textiles and photography. I felt so inspired and in awe of all the pieces of art and astounded by the artistic talent of all the students.

I had left some of my prints with my tutor and let her choose which ones were to go into the exhibit so I had no idea which ones people will see. I'm so happy with what she chose and she displayed them in a fantastic way. On a side note, my tutor was brilliant and so helpful. Any ideas I had, she would help me develop them and showed me different techniques. She's also a very talented printmaker herself :)

I'm hoping to be back for intermediate printmaking for the next academic year but after looking at the work of the other students, I'm slowly drifting towards drawing or ceramics? What do you think?


Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment