service announcement.

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Source
One of the items on my bucket list of life was to learn how to snowboard. I didn't have the courage to do it until I accompanied my brother to my first ever lesson on Monday as I had bought my brother lessons as a birthday present.

I must admit, this week has been the worst week in terms of my luck. I had trapped my finger in a clothes horse, my visa application to go travelling had been refused and they say bad things come in threes. If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that I have broken my wrist. Snowboarding. And I was doing so well as well.

I thought it was badly sprained so I went up to A&E after it happened but had to come back the next day to visit the clinic. I ended up going to work my nightshift, despite being in so much pain. I returned to A&E the next day and had it x-rayed. Turned out it was broken. Cue me feeling like rubbish having driven to work and having not showered before getting my cast on. For the next 6 weeks, I'll have a cast on and it's not even the kind where people can sign it and make jokes about it either. I can still move my fingers really well with no pain but my thumb is out of action. Therefore, blog posts will be very thin as I'll be unable to take pictures but I'll try my best to get some things up!

I laughed at the time, now I just feel foolish and embarrassed. It was just a sign of bad things to come so now I have 6 weeks to re-evaluate my life! Will I ever go snowboarding again? Possibly not but I really don't want this to put me off so never say never. For now.

Have you ever broken a bone before? How did you do it?


Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment