day out: edinburgh edition

Friday 1 February 2013

I never used to spend a lot of my time in Edinburgh but now because one of my oldest uni friend lives in Fife, we end up spending a lot of our time either in Aberdeen or Edinburgh. This time, it was my turn to make my way to Edinburgh. I booked a train ticket and on Monday, I rode the rail South!


The morning started off with a cheeky Starbucks and making myself comfortable on the train. A book and my iPod are my travel essentials!


I'm under the impression that most shops and tourist attractions like to close on a Monday! I came across Cuckoo's Bakery whilst surfing Instagram one day and lo and behold, it's in Edinburgh! Me and my friend walked all the way there and saw that it was closed. Fail. Then it started raining. Double fail!

My friend wanted to take me to the National Museum of Scotland because she knows I love museums. How beautiful is the interior? Can't believe it was free to go in as well! It was interactive and had lots of fun things to do inside. I was most in love with the astronomy and earth section. And I found out I weighed the same as a platypus. Time to go on that diet!




Jamie's Italian for lunch. This was the first half of our Jamie's Italian Feast. It was really good!





More eats came in the form of the Hard Rock Cafe. Best place for nachos but I'm pretty sure they changed the cheese because I had the most terrible nightmares when I was sleeping! I was one of those customers that bought the (non alcoholic) cocktail and took the glass home with me. No regrets. 

Don't take life too seriously. Make a face out of the salad. 

We shall meet again soon Edinburgh for I shall be back on the 12th February for a fleeting visit!

Vanessa

x

9 comments:

  1. Edinburgh is such an amazing city, I went there for my birthday a few years ago and had such a great time! I really want to hit the Fringe this year, so fingers crossed!

    The Teapot Blog | UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's becoming one of my favourite cities in Scotland now! When the Fringe Festival comes to the city it's such an amazing atmosphere!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Hey! Lovely blog! Following you now through GFC, It would mean the world if you come by mine and follow me back so that we can stay connected!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, looks like you had a lovely trip (:

    xx

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was lovely but exhausting at the same time! :D

      xx

      Delete
  4. Wow loooove ur blog :)
    Cool pics ,really nice

    XOX
    http://glueckskindermitniveau.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really need to visit Edinburgh! Looks like you had a good day out! =) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day out. A little blustry but I can expect that for Scotland :P

      xx

      Delete