Passion For Fashion Challenge

Thursday 30 August 2012

I was recently contacted by Money Supermarket to enter their Passion For Fashion competition where you create 5 different outfits for 5 different occasions. We have free reign of the interweb but each outfit must come under £200. As a thrifty bargain hunter myself, I was looking forward to the challenge as you can really find some great gems amongst the online retailers. I am in no way a fashion guru and more often than not, you'll find me in a t-shirt, jeans and converse ensemble so the outfits I've chosen are very much in my comfort zone!

So, without further ado...here is what I created!

OFFICE WEAR

Dress | Glasses | Bag | Shoes

Each workplace is different and what is suitable for one office environment can be a big no-no for another. I've chosen this shift dress from the F&F range at Tesco and what great value it is! Something simple paired with flat loafers accompanied with a tan satchel to keep all your office essentials in is important. If you're a glasses wearer like me, then these RayBan glasses will make you look like the trendiest office girl there is! This outfit can be changed between each seasons; black tights for the Autumn/Winter time and a knit cardigan or bare legs in the Summer time!


OUTDOOR
Top | Jeans | Gilet | Shoes | Backpack

I wasn't quite sure what the 'Outdoor' themed outfit was aimed at so I took a stab in the dark and opted for an outfit that I would wear if I was away for an activities weekend, a walk up Ben Nevis or a typical Summer's day in Scotland! Gilets are so practical and an essential item for the Autumn/Winter time. I paired it with a stripy plain top and straight jeans as skinny jeans can be a bit tight for long distance walking and flared jeans are a big no when walking around the hillside! I own a pair of tough-wearing hiking boots and they are great for Autumn/Winter time because they keep your feet warm and as they are hard-wearing, they will last through all the elements! And no outdoor outfit is complete without a backpack to keep all your belongings in and even a flask of tea or coffee for those walking breaks!

FIRST DATE
Shoes | Top | Skirt | Blazer | Bag

Going on a date can be a daunting occasion so it's important to feel comfortable yet confident in what you're wearing. You could be meeting your life-long partner for all you know! I went for a fun flirty outfit for a lunch, coffee or cinema date. The skirt is such great value! I'm tempted to go and buy it now whilst there is still one in my size! Teamed with a plain black t-shirt and a structured blazer, you'll be ready for an impromptu walk if need be! Western style boots are making its way slowly into the trend right now and I spotted these in Aldo whilst in London and they are love! They have such a wearable everyday heel (especially for a shorter girl like me!) and can be paired with a variety of different outfits. Last but not least, a small cross tan bag to keep your hands free for holding hands <3

CASUAL
Top | Jumper | Shoes | Jeggings | Bag

My casual outfits tend to be a t-shirt and jeans combo, but I've been seeing a lot of knitwear slowly making its way to the stores so I tried to incorporate that into this outfit. The plain cami top is great under the cable knit jumper from Miss Selfridge and paired with some comfy jeggings from Vero Moda, you'll be rocking the casual look! No outfit is complete without shoes and a bag! I picked these hiking boots as a nod to the 'countryside' style I've seen floating around and the spiky studs on the bag will give it an edgy feel!

PARTY


























Dress | Shoes | Bag | Necklace

Who doesn't love a party invite? Such a great excuse to buy a new outfit! I'm a very subtle girl when it comes to parties, no bodycon dresses or low cut tops for me! I love this dress from New Look as the skirt looks so floaty and the waist belt will bring out all your best features. I picked these heels from ASOS and they have the cutest bow on the back. A lovely cream clutch bag to carry all your girly items; phone, keys, money, mobile and lipgloss! Lastly, I love Ever Ours for their kitsch jewellery and this windmill necklace will get lots of compliments from your friends.

So these are my 5 outfits that I've created! I've loved doing this challenge and I've come across some great bargains. My favourite outfit has to be either the 'first date' outfit or the 'party' outfit. So does anyone have a spare £1,000 lying around?

What do you think of the outfits I've styled? Which one is your favourite?

Vanessa

x

4 comments:

  1. The dress you chose the party is really cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! As soon as I saw it, I knew it was perfect!

      xx

      Delete
  2. The outfits you created are really stylish. I especially love the blazer from Dorothy Perkins! :)

    Jess http://riversiderose.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Jess! It was great surfing the net to create these looks :)

      xx

      Delete