FOTD: Lunch Date

Friday 17 August 2012



I need to acknowledge two things before I properly start this post. 
1. I have NO idea why my photos have turned out such bad quality. I can't even re-shoot because I've taken all my make-up off! Disaster!
2. I didn't actually go on a date, I just had some lunch with friends. Pizza Express is yum in my tum!

Now that's out of the way! 

It's been absolutely horrendous weather here in Scotland and makes me want to dig my Uggs out of the depths of my Winter footwear cupboard and start thinking about Christmas! My mood is suddenly changing to match the weather and everyone's driving gets 10 times worse (cue road rage!).

This is what I call 'rainy day makeup'. I used the two matte shades from my UD Naked palette and used a warmer toned blush and off I go. I pretty much keep everything the same but change up my foundation as the weather adjusts. I'm slowly starting to use all my makeup up and although I don't have a vast collection, I'm quite thrifty when it comes to cosmetics as it can expire. 

Do you have 'rainy day' makeup? Are you good at using up all your makeup before splurging on more?

Vanessa

x

10 comments:

  1. I'm awful at impulse buying makeup. Especially when there's a 3 for 2 offer on. Today whilst repurchasing foundation I ended up buying a lip stain and mascara when they're not really needed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, those pesky makeup deals are always so tempting! I'm surprised I even manage to control myself!

      xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely selection for a nice and natural look. Lovely blog x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you do your eyebrows! they just look great and very natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! That's kind of you to say so!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Love how natural this looks! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous! And I'm super jealous of your pizza express, I love it there! I'm getting better at buying make up before using stuff I already have, I used to buy so much but then I think I realised I only have one face and didn't need 3736272 different pink lipsticks haha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Jennie! Lol! I know what you mean...it's always 'but I don't have that particular shade of pink!'

      xx

      Delete