Sunday Summary #9: Race for Life Edition

Sunday 1 July 2012


Follow me on Instagram: fong_wingsee
Getting ready, waiting patiently!
Woooo! At the finish line!
First off, I would like to apologise for my photographs. I do not photograph well in my running gear! But anyway, today is an special Sunday Summary as today, I ran the Race for Life in my city! If you don't know, the Race for Life is one of the largest women-only event in the UK and fundraises in aid of Cancer Research UK by running, jogging or walking 5 or 10K! 


When I was a little 'un, I unfortunately lost my Grandfather to cancer so this is a fantastic event to raise awareness, celebrate the fights won and to beat the fight against cancer! Up here in the North-East of Scotland, we aren't graced with the best weather so as the grey clouds loomed above us, I was certainly anxious to get started! It was a brilliant run along the beach coast (which wasn't too bad to look at either!) and I did 5K in 35 minutes (still hoping to knock a couple of minutes from my last time!) and managed to finish before it started raining! But it was amazing to be immersed in the atmosphere and you can certainly feel a buzz around the event. Children, Mothers, Daughters, Grandmothers etc. were all taking part and it is certainly enough to make you tear up that so many people were doing this event! I would definitely do this event again next year and for anyone showing interest to sign up for one! 


Other than wanting to sleep for an eternity...this week I've been getting things sorted for my graduation, new job, making exciting plans and seeing crazy friends! Phewwww! 


Have you ran the Race for Life before? What have you been up to this week?


Vanessa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment