Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

Monday 9 July 2012

Oh Revlon, you are fast becoming my favourite drugstore brand! The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains have finally made it's way across the pond to the UK! Again, we are only getting a few select shades rather than the entire collection (no surprise there then!) But the one I have to review for you is shade 001 Honey.



They have been compared to the Clinque Chubby Sticks but unfortunately I have never tried the Clinque Chubby Sticks so I can't give you a direct comparison but from what I've seen in the stores and several blog reviews, there is not much difference between them (except the price!). The balm itself is very glossy and I found the application of them was really easy. The pointed tip of the balm stain likened to just colouring in your lips! To get more product, you can simply twist the silver bit at the bottom and it twists up like a lipstick almost.

Now the colour, I swatched all the shades that were available in Superdrug and I deduced that Honey would be the one that I would wear most often. It's a very nice nudey-pink colour and when I applied it onto my lips, it was like 'my lips, but better'! One point I have to say about this is that it has a minty, polo mint type scent which I found strange because I thought it would have had a vanilla scent. But it doesn't bother me because I (heart) minty scents but some people might be put off by that.

These are available in Superdrug now for an introductory offer of £5.99 each or at Boots on 3 for 2 offer but at £7.99 each. Depending on how many you plan to get, there are great deals on them just now!

What do you think? Are they the poor girl's Chubby Stick? Which shade is your favourite?

Vanessa

x

10 comments:

  1. I really wana try these! That colour is nice, I might nip down to Boots & get some xox

    My Style Blog : The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try them! And for the price...you can't really go wrong! :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh these sounds great and so cheap too, will definitely have to pick one (or three!) up next time I'm shopping! I love coloured lip balms, they're so much easier than fussing about with lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so as well! With lipstick, I have to carefully make sure I haven't smeared it over my lips! I do prefer a lovely lip-balm :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. I love the shades Darling and Crush! This was my next choice :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling looked so lovely as well! It was such a tough choice!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Revlon is definitely my favourite drugstore makeup brand :) This looks like a super wearable and flattering colour. I love mintiness in lip products so that's a definite plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything with mint in it as well!

      xx

      Delete
  5. I still need to pick some of these up! I hope they are worth the hype!!!!!

    ReplyDelete