FOTD: Cinema Night

Wednesday 25 July 2012


I really don't know how you gals manage to take photos for FOTD posts! I really struggled, so this is my best offering! But I promise that I will improve for next time! But anyway, let's get going!

I went to the cinema last night to see The Dark Knight Rises (my inner geek was so giddy!) and I decided to take inspiration for my make-up from Zooey Deschanel. I love Zooey Deschanel and her style but her make-up is always so simple and incorporates that oh so famous winged eyeliner with her doll-like eyes (cue beads of nervous sweat as I applied my eyeliner!).

Strangely enough, one of my eyelids is more mono-lid than the other so I always look lopsided when I apply eyeliner and I tried my oh so hardest to make them even! Luckily enough, I was going to be in a very dark room with my glasses on so this was really more for my benefit!

I really didn't go crazy with the make-up products but I hope I managed to capture even a little bit of Zooey Deschanel's infamous look!

What do you think? How do you fare with gel eyeliner?

Vanessa

x

8 comments:

  1. Love the liner on you! So subtle x

    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I'm far to scared to make a bolder statement with my eyeliner! Lol!

      xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a great look on you! It's simple and very polished! What did you think of the movie? I loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      The movie was fantastic! It was everything I wanted and more!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Look great! I used to use that same BB cream and absolutely loved it, I'll have to order it again - it's really amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my favourite BB cream! I've not had a chance to try any of the drugstore ones yet, i'm scared I'll just be disappointed!

      xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Garnier under eye roll on -- its great & seems to work well to hide fairly dark under eye circles & the peep show mascara is great too & such a good price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to really love it! Such a God-send when I haven't had much sleep the night before!

      xx

      Delete