Products I've Used Up #1

Friday 29 June 2012

A little disclaimer before starting this post; I didn't actually finish all these products in the month of June. I've been slowly hoarding them and the end of June seems to be the perfect time to write about some of the things I've used up. I won't be doing these kind of posts every month, I'd like to get together a lovely collection of products used so it'll be worthwhile posting about. Now, let's get started...wooo!





001. Clinique Clarifying Lotion (No.1): To be honest, I didn't actually finish the entire thing. I had left it in my bathroom whilst I was using another toner and by the time I got round to using it again, there was an iffy alcohol smell and I didn't want to go putting that on my face so I had to pour the rest away. In my defence, there was only a very little small amount left so I feel less guilty! Anyway, onto the product itself, I have always loved using Clinique products but I felt like there was a whole hoard of other toners out there that was left undiscovered! This particular one is great for dry skin! 
Would I re-purchase? Probably not right now but possibly in the future!

002. Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes: My favourite face wipes ever! I've tried a few others but I always go back to these ones! I mean, they don't remove all traces of makeup with one swipe, but I find them quite effective and gentle on my skin. Plus, Superdrug, Asda or Boots always do great deals so I always stock up when they're at a great price!
Would I re-purchase? Yes!

003. 17 Peep Show Mascara: How does anyone know when their mascara has run out? But anyway, this is by far one of the best drugstore mascaras I have tried! It has that perfect line between thickening and lengthening without clumping too much. It brightens up your peepers and I always feel that little bit better when I have a lick of this mascara on!
Would I re-purchase? Yes! I already have when 17 were selling these at a mere £4 a pop! I rarely ever re-purchase a particular type of mascara because there is always a better one to try on the market but this one is certainly an exception!

004. Elemis Rehydrating Ginseng Toner: MummyTron went crazy purchasing skincare items on QVC and she let me try this little bottle of toner. It has a really nice fresh smell and I did feel like my skin was being rehydrated. Was a lovely feeling! Got through this quite quickly, I only wish it was a bigger bottle.
Would I re-purchase? Probably not out of my own pocket but if MummyTron bought the deal again I would snap it up!

005. Clarins Daily Energizer Wake-up Booster: Smells amazing! Like picking oranges in the morning! Okay, slight exaggeration but it really boosts my skin in the morning and gives it a fresh 'pick-me-up'.
Would I re-purchase? Yes, I already have and currently using it in my skincare routine!

006. Simple Kind to Skin Eye Makeup Remover: I always like to use a separate makeup remover for my eye makeup but I found this really ineffective. I used it to wipe the makeup on the back of my hand when applying foundation and managed to use it all up! Yay!
Would I re-purchase? Probably not. As much as I love the Simple range, this didn't tick the boxes of a good eye makeup remover.

007. Clarins HydraQuench Rich Cream: The lady at the Clarins counter was lovely enough to recommend this to me when I was suffering extreme dry patches on my face. The thick cream like texture felt really luxurious and the dryness on my face actually cleared up nicely!
Would I re-purchase? I probably would if I ever had problems with dry skin again but it comes with a big price tag so it may be an exception!

008. Clean & Clear Morning Energy Skin Energising Daily Facial Scrub: I didn't usually exfoliate my skin so I felt it was time to do something about it when I saw my skin was looking as dull as dishwater! I used this every morning with my Soap & Glory Face Mitt and I did feel a big difference. 
Would I re-purchase? Although I really like incorporating a daily facial scrub in my skincare routine, I won't be re-purchasing this as it was a very gel-like texture and I felt that if I didn't have my Soap & Glory Face Mitt I would just be spreading gel around my face. Would love it more if it kind of foamed up.

Phew! That's a lot of empties! I love it when I use something out because it gives me the chance to buy new things, and who doesn't love that feeling?!

What products have you used up this month? Have you used anything that I've finished up?

Vanessa

x

4 comments:

  1. Love the products that you emptied, I'm really loving 17 mascaras lately and for the price you can't go wrong :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post!
    I use a few of the same products!
    Love you're blog btw! :)
    Maybe we could follow eachother??!
    - andrealamo.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm already a follower of your blog, it's lovely! :)

      xx

      Delete